The author at work?

The author at work?

Tuesday 18 May 2010

The Widow Maker and the Au Pair

It has been a busy few days here on the Street as we search for an au pair. We have had to veto all the pouting, hair tossing 18 year olds full of eastern promise and with the morals of a Liberal Democrat. Totally unsuitable. When I say we, I of course mean not me. I am very open minded but perhaps it was a mistake to wonder aloud about taking duvet days off work.

I am sure we will find someone soon. Probably a Moldovan shot putter with stubble,sideburns,sensible shoes and a sun eclipsing silhouette.

Talking of pot bellies, it is snooker tonight. Another outing for my new snooker sword, the Excalibur of Adliswil,the Lightsaber from near Lichtenstein, forged in the fiery furnace of Hell`s bottom with added Dragon`s blood and just a pinch of nutmeg. In snooker loopy circles it is talked of in tones of hushed awe and known only as "The Widow Maker"

I want to be clear, that is "The Widow Maker" and not "The Window Maker" as my neighbour Aidan, or Hearing Aidan as he is known around here, seems to think. He is as deaf as a post, thick as two short planks and smells like a coalition government. Is that clear Aidan you deaf git!

Other than that not much to report. Thanks to all those who have voted on whether I should carry on with the blog. Love you all, except for the one who voted no. I will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment