The author at work?

The author at work?

Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Deaf and the Dumb

Just when I thought the day couldn`t get any worse, it has. I was sitting at the laptop trying to bang out an article that is overdue when there was a ringing of the door bell. I shouted through the open window that I would be there in a sec as I was at a critical juncture in plot composition (the title is always the trickiest bit). Well would you believe it, the doorbell went again. "Just a minute" I yelled, loudly enough to be heard down most of the street. Three seconds later it went again. Well that was it, by now I was shouty-crackers mad. I stormed to the door, but not before the bell sounded for a fourth time.

Flinging open the door I scowled and growled menacingly "Are you deaf or what!". The sweet young lady at the door smiled, and then handed me a card without a word. It said " I am deaf". Well, I ask you, what are the chances of that?. Needless to say I bought something out of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment