The author at work?

The author at work?

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Love Thy Neighbour

Still no reply from Dave "Big Tent" Cameron. I can`t understand it, I thought they were the new touchy feely Tory party, engaging with the less fortunate,not the old devil take the hindmost party. It appears they can hug a hoody but not love a looney. Doesn`t bode well for NHS mental health service funding when they can`t even be bothered to reply to someone so obviously off his rocker. Is this newly minted niceness just a front?. Surely not.

Anyway, all quiet in the compound this morning. The question I am mulling over today is: " am I a good neighbour"?. I am only pondering as we have got through two sets of nextdoor neighbours in the last two years and the house currently stands empty.

I think I am a good neighbour. Our dad always brought us up to respect people`s privacy and property. I remember once, a man stopped and let his dog do his doings on our front lawn. The old man went ballistic, the dogman said it was only a dog doing what dogs do, doo. Pater replied that in that case he would bring his three sons around to the man`s house and let us have a number two on his front lawn. After all that would be just boys being boys doing what they do. Defeated, the man scooped the poop and left. Imagine my unadulterated joy when I moved up to middle school and found dogman was my new headmaster. My life chances were blighted.

Moving on, some people did come to view next door a couple of weeks back. I remember because it was a warm day and I had opened all the windows. The house was really rockin as the daughter and her friend were dancing around and screaming to "I`m a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World" and other classics.

I saw the prospective neighbours from the kitchen window as they left shaking their heads. The estate agent who has been trying to shift the house for six months gave me the kind of stare that could dissolve a gall stone at 20 paces. She hasn`t been back since. Perhaps word has gone round that I am not a good neighbour. My father would be turning in his grave if he were actually dead.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, maybe you would like to take a look at what "Ms Bucket" does to be a good neighbour :-)...Maybe it was the left-overs from the fireworks in the neighbour's garden, too ;-) hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposeds to be our little secret

    ReplyDelete