The author at work?

The author at work?

Thursday 18 February 2010

The Great Smell of Brut

I was sitting at the breakfast table this morning when the daughter came down and said "You are not really a tosser are you daddy?". Well, I nearly bit the end off my Cohiba. "What! who have you been talking to?" I spluttered, removing shredded cigar leaf from my Choco Krispies. Then it dawned on me, she was talking about pancake tossing. My inability to toss has obviously scarred her more deeply than I thought.

She then told me that Jay, the bad boy/heart throb of the kindergarten has been at work again. Apparently yesterday he enticed the daughter and another girl in a double hug with the promise of unlimited sherbet dip and then took turns kissing them. I decided that action needed to be taken. I waited for Jay this morning as I had decided it was about time we had another chat. He told me that his secret with women lay in using Spiderman shampoo and shower gel. Well who would have thought it. I told him that in my day it was Karate, Old Spice and just a splash of Brut that was guaranteed to drive the ladies wild. Then he started to cry so I had to scoot tout suite.

Anyway, off to the supermarket this afternoon, maybe I`ll see if they carry the Spiderman range.

No comments:

Post a Comment