The author at work?

The author at work?

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Let Them Eat Pancakes

For Lent this year I have given up religion. This means for the next forty days I can just kick back and enjoy life. Don`t know why its taken so long for me to think of it.

Yesterday I made my first ever pancakes with the daughter, just like in the good ol days when my mother would produce industrial quantities to feed me and my brothers. I did try to flip one, but it was more of a flop than a flip and the daughter looked at me with poorly disguised pity. I think the super dad phase is coming to and end and she is beginning to realise what a disappointment I am.

Today was the last ice skating lesson of the season. I will really miss standing on top of that hill in nut numbing sub zero blizzard conditions. The only thing that kept me warm was laughing at all the kids with obviously as yet undiagnosed inner ear problems. Hey ho, but it does mean that spring cant be far off..surely, please God. Just remembered I cant say that for the next 40 days.

Anyway, now for a public service announcement, does anyone have or know of a room to rent in Zurich for about a year to a young lady?. If you do, could you let me know please.

No comments:

Post a Comment